The International Center stands in solidarity against all forms of hate and violence and expresses our deep condolences to the families and loved ones of those tragically killed in Atlanta on March 16.
We support our Asian community—international and Asian American, Desi, and Pacific Islander communities—and all affected by Anti-Asian acts of racism and violence.
Resources for the community and opportunities to take action toward ending Anti-Asian hate are below. The staff in the International Center remain as resources and we encourage international students and scholars to contact us regarding any concerns and for support.
- Cal Poly’s Student Diversity and Belonging (SDAB)
- Office of the Dean of Students
- Bias Incident Report form through Cal Poly Dean of Students’ office
- 24/7 Counseling Support
- Office of University Diversity and Inclusion—Anti-Asian Hate and Violence statement. Additional resources:
- An overview of the long history of anti-Asian exclusion and racism in the United States
- Stop AAPI Hate data collection and reports on COVID-19 hate incidents
- A model for speaking up: name it, claim it, stop it (PDF)
- Video: Combating AAPI Racism in Age of Covid-19
- Cal Poly’s Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology:
- Acknowledging and Responding to Distressing Events has been recently updated to include resources specifically related to addressing anti-Asian racism.