The Cal Poly International Center maintains partnerships with around 50 universities and institutions throughout the world to strengthen and enhance Cal Poly’s Learn By Doing in a global context.
Cal Poly’s vision for internationalization is to provide foundational experiential learning, teaching, service and scholarship opportunities at home and abroad that will best equip graduates and the campus community at large to solve complex global challenges sustainably, ethically and inclusively. Learn by Doing in a global context drives students, faculty and staff to critically evaluate themselves, their own cultures, their values and place in the world. It promotes growth in character, ability to handle ambiguity, reflexive and relative thinking, and ultimately, greater personal fulfillment. It fuels informed global systems thinkers and doers, and activates Cal Poly students to be positive forces in the world.
Cal Poly collaborates with 20 international exchange partners to provide reciprocal educational experiences, where incoming international students enroll at Cal Poly and Cal Poly students enroll in partner institutions overseas. The two universities agree, in the spirit of goodwill and reciprocity, to strengthen ties between the universities and to promote academic and cultural exchange. Cal Poly students on international exchange programs usually enroll directly in courses offered at the host university and are able to choose from a wide variety of courses offered at that university. The independence and flexibility of this model allows students immersive experiences into local university life and culture.
- Ashesi University
- Chalmers University of Technology
- Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- L’Ecole Nationale Superieure D’Architecture Rieure D’Archtecture De Paris Val-de-Sein (ENSA)
- Leeds Beckett University
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences & Arts
- Munich University of Applied Sciences
- Rikkyo University
- Solvay School of Economics and Management
- Stockholm School of Economics
- Stuttgart Media University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- TECNUN, University of Navarra
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bonn (Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms Universitaet Bonn)
- University of Canberra
- University of Milan
- Zhejiang University of Technology
Affiliate partners provide Cal Poly students with opportunities for direct enrollment in institutions abroad, such as with the partnerships in Edinburgh and Glasgow, Scotland and with Earth University in Costa Rica. Additionally, partnerships through Cal Poly’s Extended Education division allow for further opportunities to bring Cal Poly to the world and the world to Cal Poly.
Global Program Partners
Cal Poly Global Programs are international academic programs designed by one or more Cal Poly faculty members in collaboration with the Cal Poly International Center. Cal Poly has partnerships with universities and NGOs for academic and logistical support.
Cal Poly has Memorandum of Understanding with a variety of partner universities across the world. These agreements are non-legally binding and establish a broad context for institutional cooperation.
- Amity University Dubai
- Amity University Uttar Pradesh
- Bhayangkara University
- Czech Technical University
- Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Mannheim (DHBW)
- Ecole Catholique d’Arts et Metiers (ECAM)
- HAS University of Applied Sciences
- Higher Institute for Electronics and Digital Training (ISEN)
- Beijing Institute of Graphic Communication
- Kasetsart University
- Kyushu Institute of Technology
- Polytechnic University of Valencia
- School of Packaging/Packing Technology Center (SIES)
- Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology (ITS)
- Technical and Higher Education Center (CETYS)
- University of Bergamo
- University of Lisbon
- University of Naples Federico II
- Ural Federal University
- Xi’An University of Architecture and Technology
- Xidian University