Study. Travel. Learn. Lead.
Be a Global Mustang! The Cal Poly International Center connects students with opportunities to study, intern and research abroad, supports international students and scholars, facilitates international travel for faculty and staff, and more.
For many students, studying abroad may seem like a giant leap, but at Cal Poly International Center’s Study Abroad Fair, students can take a small step to bring the experience of a lifetime within reach. Students are invited to join Cal Poly International Center...
New requirements to travel in Europe will go into effect on January 1, 2024.
Cal Poly Wine and Viticulture students studying abroad in the Cognac region of France were recently featured in Bordeaux-based blog Cognac Only. Students had the unique opportunity to attend a cognac-themed seminar curated by the brand. Learn more here!
The primary mission of the Cal Poly International Center is to provide leadership and coordination for international activities and programs and to serve as a catalyst for internationalization efforts at Cal Poly.
The IC maintains administrative authority and university-wide oversight of international engagement and initiatives supported by the campus. We are committed to providing equity and access to services and programs for the populations we serve, including for students studying abroad and international students and scholars at Cal Poly. We provide support to campus efforts in internationalizing the curriculum and in creating global partnerships.
Cal Poly’s vision for internationalization is to provide foundational experiential learning, teaching, service and scholarship opportunities at home and abroad…
View the Full Vision Statement
Cal Poly’s vision for internationalization is to provide foundational experiential learning, teaching, service and scholarship opportunities at home and abroad that will best equip graduates and the campus community at large to solve complex global challenges sustainably, ethically and inclusively.
Learn by Doing in a global context drives students, faculty and staff to critically evaluate themselves, their own cultures, their values and place in the world. It promotes growth in character, ability to handle ambiguity, reflexive and relative thinking, and ultimately, greater personal fulfillment. It fuels informed global systems thinkers and doers, and activates Cal Poly students to be positive forces in the world.
Cal Poly will become internationally recognized as a premier comprehensive polytechnic university that:
- Makes evident its commitment to internationalization in its mission and vision statements.
- Brings the world to Cal Poly and Cal Poly to the world through hiring internationally recognized faculty, maintaining standards of excellence in international programming, and empowering Cal Poly international students and students studying abroad to succeed.
- Provides educational opportunities to develop global literacy through promoting proficiency in non-native languages at home and abroad and fostering world views that embrace openness, creativity and respect.
- Develops strategic international partnerships and new programming that meet the needs of diverse campus constituencies and that support destinations and disciplines underrepresented in study abroad.
- Infuses the curriculum with globally relevant content and facilitates classroom dialogue that encourages cross-cultural understanding.
We want to bring the world to Cal Poly and Cal Poly to the world.
– President Armstrong, Cal Poly
The Cal Poly International Center provides faculty and staff with various resources to promote internationalization, from opportunities teaching and conducting research abroad to supporting and welcoming Cal Poly international students on campus.
International Center Office Hours
Fall Quarter Reception Desk Hours
September 25-December 15, 2023
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (in person bldg. 52, room E32)
Monday-Thursday: 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm (virtual)
Friday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (virtual)
Link to: Virtual Office Hours via Zoom
Additional hours available by appointment
Ongoing Virtual Support
Monday-Friday (9:00 am – 4:30 pm) through:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: +1-805-756-1477
Closed for campus holidays