Study. Travel. Learn. Lead.
Be a Global Mustang! The Cal Poly International Center connects students with opportunities to study, intern and research abroad, supports international students and scholars, facilitates international travel for faculty and staff, and more.
Cal Poly has again been named a top producer of U.S. Fulbright scholars by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Cal Poly's 2021-22 Fulbright scholars are Barry Jones, emeritus professor from the Construction Management Department,...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 12, 2022 Contact: Keegan Koberl805-458-9302; email@example.com Cal Poly Named a Top Producer of 2021-22 Fulbright U.S. ScholarsThree Cal Poly Scholars Awarded Fulbright Scholarships for 2022-2023 SAN LUIS OBISPO — Cal Poly has again been...
The Cal Poly International Center stands with the people of Ukraine amid this unprovoked and unconscionable invasion, which is an attack not only on Ukraine but also on our collective commitment to peace, freedom and human rights for independent nations and people...
The primary mission of the Cal Poly International Center is to provide leadership and coordination for international activities and to serve as the principal catalyst for internationalization efforts at Cal Poly.
The IC maintains administrative authority and university-wide oversight of international engagement, including international initiatives, programs, and activities supported by the campus.
Cal Poly’s vision for internationalization is to provide foundational experiential learning, teaching, service and scholarship opportunities at home and abroad…
View the Full Vision Statement
Cal Poly’s vision for internationalization is to provide foundational experiential learning, teaching, service and scholarship opportunities at home and abroad that will best equip graduates and the campus community at large to solve complex global challenges sustainably, ethically and inclusively.
Learn by Doing in a global context drives students, faculty and staff to critically evaluate themselves, their own cultures, their values and place in the world. It promotes growth in character, ability to handle ambiguity, reflexive and relative thinking, and ultimately, greater personal fulfillment. It fuels informed global systems thinkers and doers, and activates Cal Poly students to be positive forces in the world.
Cal Poly will become internationally recognized as a premier comprehensive polytechnic university that:
- Makes evident its commitment to internationalization in its mission and vision statements.
- Brings the world to Cal Poly and Cal Poly to the world through hiring internationally recognized faculty, maintaining standards of excellence in international programming, and empowering Cal Poly international students and students studying abroad to succeed.
- Provides educational opportunities to develop global literacy through promoting proficiency in non-native languages at home and abroad and fostering world views that embrace openness, creativity and respect.
- Develops strategic international partnerships and new programming that meet the needs of diverse campus constituencies and that support destinations and disciplines underrepresented in study abroad.
- Infuses the curriculum with globally relevant content and facilitates classroom dialogue that encourages cross-cultural understanding.
We want to bring the world to Cal Poly and Cal Poly to the world.
– President Armstrong, Cal Poly
The Cal Poly International Center provides faculty and staff with various resources to promote internationalization, from opportunities teaching and conducting research abroad to supporting and welcoming Cal Poly international students on campus.
International Center Office Hours
Spring Quarter Hours (March 28-June 10)
In-person: Monday – Thursday (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.) PDT
Virtual: Monday – Thursday (3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Friday (9 a.m. – 12 p.m.) PDT
Link to: Virtual Office Hours via Zoom
Ongoing Virtual Support
Monday-Friday (9:00 am – 4:30 pm) through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closed for campus holidays