Study. Travel. Learn. Lead.
Be a Global Mustang! The Cal Poly International Center connects students with opportunities to study, intern and research abroad, supports international students and scholars, facilitates international travel for faculty and staff, and more.
New faculty-led program launched in Costa Rica! Nick Babin, assistant professor in the Department of Natural Resources Management and Environmental Sciences (NRES), led a group of 15 students on a five-week Cal Poly Global Program called ‘Cal Poly in Costa Rica:...
Please support our efforts to provide access in our programs by giving to our Global Scholars Fund or other Giving opportunities! Thanks to a generous donation, a small cohort of Cal Poly Scholars received funding to study in the Cal Poly in London Program in summer...
Sponsored by the U.S.-U.K. Fulbright Commission, the Fulbright U.K. Summer Institutes offer U.S. undergraduates with little experience outside of North America an opportunity to study at a higher education at a top U.K. university while also exploring the culture,...
The primary mission of the Cal Poly International Center is to provide leadership and coordination for international activities and to serve as the principal catalyst for internationalization efforts at Cal Poly.
The IC maintains administrative authority and university-wide oversight of international engagement, including international initiatives, programs, and activities supported by the campus.
Cal Poly’s vision for internationalization is to provide foundational experiential learning, teaching, service and scholarship opportunities at home and abroad…
View the Full Vision Statement
Cal Poly’s vision for internationalization is to provide foundational experiential learning, teaching, service and scholarship opportunities at home and abroad that will best equip graduates and the campus community at large to solve complex global challenges sustainably, ethically and inclusively.
Learn by Doing in a global context drives students, faculty and staff to critically evaluate themselves, their own cultures, their values and place in the world. It promotes growth in character, ability to handle ambiguity, reflexive and relative thinking, and ultimately, greater personal fulfillment. It fuels informed global systems thinkers and doers, and activates Cal Poly students to be positive forces in the world.
Cal Poly will become internationally recognized as a premier comprehensive polytechnic university that:
- Makes evident its commitment to internationalization in its mission and vision statements.
- Brings the world to Cal Poly and Cal Poly to the world through hiring internationally recognized faculty, maintaining standards of excellence in international programming, and empowering Cal Poly international students and students studying abroad to succeed.
- Provides educational opportunities to develop global literacy through promoting proficiency in non-native languages at home and abroad and fostering world views that embrace openness, creativity and respect.
- Develops strategic international partnerships and new programming that meet the needs of diverse campus constituencies and that support destinations and disciplines underrepresented in study abroad.
- Infuses the curriculum with globally relevant content and facilitates classroom dialogue that encourages cross-cultural understanding.
We want to bring the world to Cal Poly and Cal Poly to the world.
– President Armstrong, Cal Poly
The Cal Poly International Center provides faculty and staff with various resources to promote internationalization, from opportunities teaching and conducting research abroad to supporting and welcoming Cal Poly international students on campus.
International Center Office Hours
Winter Quarter Reception Desk Hours
January 9 – March 24, 2023
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (in person – bldg. 52, room E32)
Monday – Thursday: 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm (virtual)
Friday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (virtual)
Link to: Virtual Office Hours via Zoom
Ongoing Virtual Support
Monday-Friday (9:00 am – 4:30 pm) through:
Email: email@example.com; Phone: +1-805-756-1477
Closed for campus holidays