Study. Travel. Learn. Lead.
Be a Global Mustang! The Cal Poly International Center connects students with opportunities to study, intern and research abroad, supports international students and scholars, facilitates international travel for faculty and staff, and more.
When: October 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Where: Dexter Lawn and online The International Center will host the annual Study Abroad Fair on October 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Dexter Lawn. This year's fair will be a combination of in-person and virtual sessions. Stop...
Welcome to Cal Poly, new faculty and faculty coming to campus for the first time this fall. At the Cal Poly International Center we seek to bring more of the world to Cal Poly and more of Cal Poly to the world, as President Armstrong has stated. We support the campus...
Thoughts to consider when teaching and interacting with international students Consider that international students may be accustomed to very different hierarchical academic systems and may be reticent to visit you during office hours. Consider that multilingual...
The primary mission of the Cal Poly International Center is to provide leadership and coordination for international activities and to serve as the principal catalyst for internationalization efforts at Cal Poly.
The IC maintains administrative authority and university-wide oversight of international engagement, including international initiatives, programs, and activities supported by the campus.
Cal Poly’s vision for internationalization is to provide foundational experiential learning, teaching, service and scholarship opportunities at home and abroad…
View the Full Vision Statment
Cal Poly’s vision for internationalization is to provide foundational experiential learning, teaching, service and scholarship opportunities at home and abroad that will best equip graduates and the campus community at large to solve complex global challenges sustainably, ethically and inclusively.
Learn by Doing in a global context drives students, faculty and staff to critically evaluate themselves, their own cultures, their values and place in the world. It promotes growth in character, ability to handle ambiguity, reflexive and relative thinking, and ultimately, greater personal fulfillment. It fuels informed global systems thinkers and doers, and activates Cal Poly students to be positive forces in the world.
Cal Poly will become internationally recognized as a premier comprehensive polytechnic university that:
- Makes evident its commitment to internationalization in its mission and vision statements.
- Brings the world to Cal Poly and Cal Poly to the world through hiring internationally recognized faculty, maintaining standards of excellence in international programming, and empowering Cal Poly international students and students studying abroad to succeed.
- Provides educational opportunities to develop global literacy through promoting proficiency in non-native languages at home and abroad and fostering world views that embrace openness, creativity and respect.
- Develops strategic international partnerships and new programming that meet the needs of diverse campus constituencies and that support destinations and disciplines underrepresented in study abroad.
- Infuses the curriculum with globally relevant content and facilitates classroom dialogue that encourages cross-cultural understanding.
We want to bring the world to Cal Poly and Cal Poly to the world.
– President Armstrong, Cal Poly
Cal Poly faculty and staff can pursue various academic activities abroad that involve teaching, conducting research, or serving as resident director on international programs.
We are committed to access and eliminating barriers to international study. Join us in supporting students in international exchange as well as international initiatives at Cal Poly!
The Cal Poly International Center is now open for in-person and virtual office hours, closed on campus holidays.
International Center Office Hours
Fall Quarter Office Hours (September 20 – December 10)
In-Person: Monday/Wednesday/Thursday (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) PDT
Virtual: Monday/Wednesday/Thursday (3:00-4:30 p.m.)
Tuesday/Friday (9 a.m.-1:00 p.m.) PDT
Ongoing Virtual Support
Monday – Friday (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) through: email@example.com