J-1 On-Campus Employment
- Maintain good academic standing
- Employment can be no more than 20 hours per week, except during official school breaks
- Employment must be authorized by the International Center prior to the start date
- Enrolled full-time during fall, winter and/or spring quarters while employed on-campus
How to Find On-Campus Jobs
On-campus jobs are posted on Mustang Jobs. Access is available through the my.calpoly.edu.
Note: The University Store is owned by a separate company and employment there is no eligible as on-campus employment.
Submit Required J-1 Work Form to Receive Employment Authorization
Your SEVIS record must be updated with your employment information prior to beginning on-campus employment. Complete the J-1 Work Form and turn it in at the International Center Front Desk
U.S. Social Security Card Required for Paid Employment
- Complete the SSN Letter Request Form if you do not have a U.S. Social Security card from past employment in the U.S.
- Refer to the Social Security webpage for instructions on the application procedure and documents you need to apply for a Social Security card.