F-1 Employment Options
F-1 visa regulations allow students to work on campus starting with their first quarter. Off-campus employment is limited to Curricular Practical Training, Optional Practical Training, or Economic Hardship employment authorization. Students must be in good academic standing to qualify for any employment. A U.S. Social Security Card is required for paid employment.
- Work up to 20 hours per week during the quarter and more than 20 hours per week during school breaks
- No documentation is required from International Center
- On-campus jobs are posted Mustang Jobs on the My.CalPoly.edu portal
- Students can also ask their academic department office for available jobs
- International students do not qualify for jobs listed as “Work Study”
- Must be paid by either Cal Poly State, Cal Poly Corporation or Associated Students Inc. (ASI) to be considered on-campus employment