Cal Poly

J-1 Employment Options

J-1 visa regulations require students to receive work authorization from the International Center before beginning on-campus or Academic Training employment. A U.S. Social Security Card is required for paid employment.

Refer to detailed instructions and forms:

NOTE: If your Program Sponsor is not Cal Poly, the Cal Poly International Center cannot advise you or authorize you to work.

Back to top

Cal Poly International Center
Building 52, Room E32
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0721
Phone: (805) 756-1477
Fax: (805) 756-5484

Web Accessibility Statement
Privacy Notice